The following resources have been developed in partnership with the effluent industry to provide you best practice advice for upgrading your existing effluent systems or building a new one from scratch.
Choosing the right system:
Technical design information:
- Farm Dairy Effluent Design Standards
- Farm Dairy Effluent (FDE) Design Code of Practice
- Pocket guide to determine soil risk for farm dairy effluent application
DairyNZ effluent publications and tools
Accredited effluent system designers
Do it once, do it right with an accredited effluent system design company!
This is a new programme where companies have been assessed for their competency and skills in:
- Regulation and legislation
- Soils and climate considerations
- Effluent block allocation
- Hydraulic design of irrigation systems
- Estimating pond storage volume
- Integrated management systems.
To find an accredited company near you visit: www.effluentaccreditation.co.nz