Mark and Measure: Strategy and Business seminars combine the content and learning from DairyNZ's popular Business Performance and Strategic Planning seminars into one three-day interactive seminar.
Designed for dairy farmers who want to understand the current performance of their business and plan their future, this seminar focuses on your goals and values. It will appeal to a wide range of people, from those sharemilking and wanting to grow rapidly, leveraging your assets and skills; through to those who want less risk, less debt and where consolidation is important.
It is ideal for farm owners, sharemilkers and others involved in their business such as accountants, consultants or bank managers.
Mark and Measure - Strategy and Business Seminars 2016
Update: March 2016
The Mark and Measure seminars scheduled for May and June 2016 have been postponed until next year. If you would like to register your interest for these contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you more details when they become available.
Understanding business performance and linking everyday actions to business and personal goals continues to be a core component of successful farm businesses - particularly in challenging times. We have a number of tools and resources to help:
Looking for materials used in Mark & Measure seminars?
- Planning wheel
- Key areas of life
- Are you in charge of your direction
- Decision making matrix template
- Decision making matrix example
- Life and business self assessment
Mark and Measure Course Information
During this course you will apply what you learn immediately to your farm business and will be able to take action to achieve your own goals more quickly. Attending this seminar will allow you to:
- Thoroughly evaluate your performance using a detailed benchmarking report provided to you through DairyBase
- Compare and benchmark your farms key performance indicators with other farms in your region
- Understand financial aspects of your business
- Understand the principles of leveraging and compounding to grow your net worth
- Communicate more effectively with business partners, accountants, family members regarding your business and your future direction.
- Develop a strategic plan for your life and your business that fits on one page
- Assess how your farm business fits into your personal life and goals - not the other way round
- Plan to deliver outcomes that fulfil your personal, business and financial goals.
Mark & Measure: Strategy and Business seminars are subsidised by DairyNZ for levy-paying farmers and a fee applies.
- Couples - $1380 incl GST
- Singles - $805 incl GST
Seminar commences on day one at 9.30am and finishes at 3.30pm on day three. Fee includes course material, morning and afternoon teas and lunches, and dinner for evening of day one. You will need to arrange and pay for your own accommodation, breakfast and dinner on the evening of day two.
If Mark and Measure: Strategy and Business isn’t for you this year but you’re still keen to build your business and goal setting skills, consider joining one of the DairyNZ Progression Groups which start in June each year in your local region.