If you would like some help with your finances and creating a plan forward register today.
About the visit
A financial review involves a two to three hour discussion around your kitchen table with a DairyNZ facilitator. During this time the facilitator will work with you to:
- establish current debt levels, farm cost structure and profitability
- develop an agreed action plan to position your business for the next 12 months
- identify and put you in contact with additional support where required.
The facilitators will not be able to develop a full financial plan during this visit. If you are already working through a plan with your banker, accountant or consultant we would encourage you to continue down this path.
About the visit facilitators
Many of the facilitators are currently farming and have backgrounds as consulting officers, bankers or other rural professionals. This means they understand the business of farming and are well placed to help you develop a practical plan.
To participate in this review you will need to be prepared to share your latest financial accounts and to work through your assets and liabilities to establish an equity position.
- Should you elect to take up the offer of a financial review visit, all those involved in the process, especially the facilitators are bound by DairyNZ’s confidentiality requirements.
- The Financial Review Facilitators are not acting as financial advisors. They are not able to provide specific advice in relation to selling or investing in assets such as stock, dairy company shares, land and any other investments.