Performance management is a tool for ensuring that employees know what is expected of them and to help them achieve (or exceed) those expectations.
In its broadest sense performance management is a tool that influences almost every part of a job.
Performance management processes are designed to help both the employer and employee in their working relationship.
Using performance management processes will:
- Provide a forum for improved communication between employer and employee
- Improve staff work performance and business performance
- Help staff understand the goals of the business
- Increase employee job satisfaction and motivation
- Identify staff training needs
- Provide a forum to deal with small problem areas for employers
and employees and avoid them becoming large
- Assist in fair and defensible dismissal for employees that under-perform.
Choose from the following: