The QuickStart recruitment kit is a simple starting point for farmers when employing staff. It provides step-by-step processes for the first 90 days of the employment period, making employing staff easier and less time-consuming.
Used on its own or in conjunction with other DairyNZ tools such as the Compliance Toolkit and HR Toolkit, QuickStart simplifies recruitment and orientation, and improves your chances of getting it right. Having the right people in place will help improve the performance and productivity of your farming business.
QuickStart Recruitment kits are now available for the following farm roles:
- Farm assistant Order Now I Download PDF File (3.1 mb) I Sections: Click here
- Herd manager Order Now I Download PDF File (3.1 mb)
- Assistant manager Order Now I Download PDF File (3.1 mb)
- Farm manager Order Now I Download PDF File (3.1 mb)
The kit has all the necessary documents and guidelines for the entire process, including:
- recruitment paperwork and guidelines
- a detailed job description
- interview guidelines
- orientation checklists, including a property report
- skills assessment
- orientation training plans for the first 90 days.
This makes it simple to have a robust, efficient recruitment and orientation system. The clear envelope it comes with is a great place to store your QuickStart documents and other material relating to your new employee.
QuickStart People Productivity Kit
The QuickStart People Productivity Kit has been created to help you manage and develop your employees by providing easy to use tools and templates. This kit contains:
- Holiday and leave calculator
- Planning and review guides
- Performance management templates
- Tips on running effective team meetings, training, coaching and retaining good people.
For more information on the DairyNZ QuickStart kits contact the DairyNZ Farmer Information Service on 0800 4 DairyNZ (0800 4 324 7969).