This Water Accord is a new, broader and more comprehensive commitment than the previous Clean Streams Accord that ended in 2012.
It includes commitments to targeted riparian planting plans, effluent management, comprehensive standards for new dairy farms and measures to improve the efficiency of water and nutrient use on farms.
The Water Accord is one of the first actions for the new dairy industry strategy, Making Dairy Farming Work for Everyone. If you would like more information, please contact your dairy company or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- One page summary - a quick summary of what this means for farmers
- The Sustainable Dairying: Water Accord (full document)
- Frequently asked questions - more information on how the Accord will be implemented
Related media releases
- Farmers for the Sustainable Dairying: Water Accord - Media Release July 2013 (Federated Farmers)
- Fonterra backs new Water Accord - Media Release July 2013 (Fonterra)
- New dairy industry strategy sets ambitious agenda - Media Release July 2013 (DairyNZ)
- Dairy industry steps up with new water quality agreement - Media Release February 2013 (DairyNZ)
- New dairy accord shows farmers taking leadership on environmental issues - Media Release February 2013 (NZ Government)
- Fonterra Remains Committed To Improving Water Quality - Media Release February 2013 (Fonterra)