The workshops were part of the Dairy Action for Climate Change, a commitment by the dairy sector to improve dairy farms’ environmental footprint, and to understand what the dairy sector can do to meet New Zealand’s greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets.
The workshops covered:
- The challenges of climate change for the dairy sector
- Why we need to address biological emissions on farms
- Actions farmers can take right now to reduce on-farm emissions
- Scientific research underway
- Current political environment, and the development of the Zero Carbon Bill.
The Manawatu workshop was filmed, and each section is now available for you to view.