In 2017/18, $66.2 million was collected through the milksolids levy, plus DairyNZ received government co-funding. That money is invested into a wide range of programmes, guided by the sector strategy.
DairyNZ work covers research and development to create practical on-farm tools, leading on-farm adoption of good practice farming, promoting careers in dairying and advocating for farmers with central and regional government.
How the levy and co-funding is invested
Future investment priorities
Read about DairyNZ’s project highlights for 2017/18.
- Supporting farmers through mycoplasma bovis
- Budget case studies/DairyBase-ASB partnership
- Forages for Reduced Nitrate Leaching/FVI
- Dairy Action for Climate Change/policy
- To see key projects for 2018/19 click here.
Dairy sector strategy: Dairy Tomorrow
- To read the full version of the Strategy Scorecard click here.
DairyNZ Annual Report 2017-18
DairyNZ Annual Report 2017-18 summary