In 2018/19, a total of $67.8 million was collected through the milk solids levy, plus DairyNZ received government co-funding. That money is invested into a wide range of programmes, guided by the dairy sector strategy, Dairy Tomorrow.
DairyNZ work covers research and development to create practical on-farm tools, leading on-farm adoption of good practice farming, promoting careers in dairying and advocating for farmers with central and regional government.
How the levy and co-funding is invested
Future investment opportunities
Read about DairyNZ’s project highlights for 2018/19.
- Supporting farmers through Mycoplasma bovis
- Dairy action for Climate Change/policy
- Farm Gauge/Tiller talk
- FRNL research
- Aparima catchment: farmers take the lead
- To see key projects for 2019/20 click here.
Dairy sector strategy: Dairy Tomorrow
- For an overview of the Dairy Tomorrow strategy, click here.
DairyNZ Annual Report 2018-19
DairyNZ Annual Report 2018-19 summary