Disruption in business and the workplace
Company Director, Futurist, Serial technology entrepreneur
Melissa's expertise is in innovation and the future of food and agriculture
- Globally consumers are eating less meat and this trend is likely for dairy products, but success of boutique retailers is evidence that quality is valued.
- High-value ingredients and products are thriving, e.g. cosmetics and anti-aging supplements and functional food markets.
- Transition towards new markets would see a mix of commodity and high-value business models. New skills, leadership and support are required to develop those new models.
Key trends in business and management
Company Director, Business Consultant, Author
Joan's expertise is in planning for the future and people achieving excellence
- The pace of change in business is predicted to increase from steady to exponential.
- Take continuous small steps now in the direction of where we need to be to attract and retain talented people.
- A workplace that really empowers young people will create some of those small steps which will lead to big changes.
Understanding culture diversity to create high performing teams
Director, Intercultural Coach, Trainer
Shireen's expertise is in coaching teams to develop the capability to function effectively across culturally diverse settings.
- Make a commitment to on-board people into the team and understand their personality and drivers.
- Be authentic in communications with team members and seek to understand.
- Be objective, take time to interpret situations, respond appropriately.
- Learn to adjust your world view and behaviours to facilitate win-win situations.