Following are our key sponsorships:
NZ Dairy Industry Awards
Celebrating excellence in dairy farming across three categories: Share Farmer of the Year, Dairy Manager of the Year and Dairy Trainee of the Year.
NZ Farm Environment Trust
The annual Ballance Farm Environment Awards recognise excellence in sustainable management practice and environmental leadership.
DairyNZ sponsors the DairyNZ Sustainability and Stewardship Award.
Ahuwhenua Trophy - Maori Excellence in Farming Award
This trophy acknowledges and celebrates business excellence in New Zealand's important pastoral sector. This competition is held annually, alternating each year between dairy and sheep & beef.
SIDE is New Zealand’s premier dairy conference in the South Island, run by farmers for farmers, ensuring content is relevant and topical today, and useful tomorrow.
NZ Grassland Association
The aim of the New Zealand Grassland Association (NZGA) is to enhance pastoral agriculture through providing a forum for communication of science, technology and knowledge.
The NZGA facilitates discussion on grassland farming and promotes the value of research and its application.
The New Zealand Institute of Primary Industry Management (NZIPIM) is the industry body for the rural profession, whose purpose is to build the capability and capacity of rural professionals within New Zealand.
Members are from a diverse range of occupations, including farm management advisors, rural bankers, farm accountants, fertiliser consultants, rural valuers and representatives from industry good organisations.
DairyNZ Dairy Rural Professional of the Year Award
Recognising knowledge and expertise in dairy farm systems. This award also acknowledges contestants’ contribution to the wider dairy industry and professionalism they demonstrate in the field and within the community.
The New Zealand Society of Animal Production (NZSAP) has played an important role as a forum fostering research in all areas of animal production, including production systems, nutrition, meat science, animal welfare, wool science, animal breeding and genetics.
Dairy Women’s Network
Dairy Women’s Network (DWN) is a kiwi, not-for-profit organisation, built on our famous can-do attitude. They develop, facilitate and promote events and initiatives for members to acquire industry-based knowledge and skills.
NZ Guild of Agricultural Journalists
The New Zealand Guild of Agricultural Journalists and Communicators is a friendly, professional society for those working with a focus on agriculture. One of the Guild’s key objectives is to have agriculture recognised for the major role it plays in New Zealand’s export-oriented economy.
DairyNZ sponsors the Dairy Industry Journalism Award.
Local Government New Zealand is a strong voice for local government. Governed by a national council, it is made up of 15 elected members from throughout the country. Their purpose is to deliver the sector’s vision: “Local democracy powering community and national success”.
NZ Association of Resource Management
The NZARM is an incorporated society, with membership drawn from those engaged in the management of natural and physical resources.
At least two of the following criteria must be met.
- There are clear and tangible benefits to farmers.
- The event or activity is deemed to be in the best interests of dairy farmers.
- Associating DairyNZ with the event or activity will have positive benefits for both parties.
- The presence of other sponsors will not dilute DairyNZ's exposure, nor conflict with our values.
- DairyNZ will receive appropriate attribution and acknowledgement for its support, with potential opportunities to leverage this support beyond the activity itself e.g. speaking slots, facilitation/chairing, trade stand presence, media coverage (print and online), placement of signage, use of logos and references on websites, programmes and other communications or associated activities.
It is expected that successful sponsorships will achieve some or all of the following:
- Create a positive association for farmers and other key stakeholders of DairyNZ through relevant, high-quality, professionally run events that support farmer success.
- Promote the dairy industry as a good corporate citizen, supporting rural and urban communities.
- Provide a vehicle for DairyNZ to communicate to farmers and the public.
- Assist in ensuring profitable, sustainable and competitive farming.
- Encourage learning and development.
- Facilitate the transfer of new knowledge, tools, and technology.
- Promote and encourage best practice and excellence.
- Help create future leaders for the industry.
- Access to a targeted audience that would be difficult to otherwise access.
To submit a sponsorship application, please complete the form here.
Sponsorship includes financial support and non-financial support (administration support, judging, presenting, facilitating)