Trained advisers are available in all regions to investigate and help you solve your mastitis and milk quality problems.
Defining a mastitis problem is likely to require a team approach from several disciplines – veterinarians, milking machine technicians, and other dairy advisors. Once the advisory team has investigated and clearly defined the problem, the task is to develop a plan that works for the farm.
Guideline 13 provides practical information on:
- Which mastitis indicators to monitor
- When to take action and seek professional advice
- Introduction to the Mastitis Investigation Kit.
Technote 13 provides technical information for farmers and advisers on:
- Factors to consider when investigating a mastitis problem
- When and how to implement a full mastitis investigation
- Using the Herd Mastitis Dynamics Chart
- Using the Mastitis Investigation Kit
- Conducting a milking-time investigation
- Providing a report.