Murray has farmed all of his working life. The two have been farm owners since 1998 and converted the farm from beef, sheep, deer and dairy grazing 10 years ago. They have an 800 cow cross bred herd.
Reason for getting involved in Dairy Connect
"At the time of converting, so many people gave us enormous support and help, some of whom we had never met. We were amazed at just how many people were willing to be upfront and honest about their own experiences and businesses and this honesty helped make some of our decisions so much easier. It has been our desire to return this generosity of time, openness and frankness, and support to other farmers."
Areas of success in your business that you would be happy to talk through with others
- Dairy conversion process.
- Pasture and grazing management - using technology, reports and MINDA Land and Feed.
- In-shed technology/automation.
- Calf rearing - traditional methods and use of automated calf feeder.
- System 4 planning and management.
- Cash Manager Rural accounting system.
Other farm / business information, points of difference or interest
- Afi Milk Herd Management system.