DairyNZ and Cashmanager RURAL are piloting a tool to provide more up-to-date benchmarking data, allowing dairy farmers to make more timely decisions. Regular benchmarking helps with planning to reach your business and family goals, and review past performance. The more up-to-date the data is; the better.
Those that are part of the pilot can see how their farm working expenses compare in the current season, every two months (GST period). In the first phase of the pilot, farmers received benchmarks of their farm working expenses (FWE) per kilogram of milk solids (kgMS) produced, as shown below.
In phase II, there will be new benchmarks available including FWE per hectare. You will also be able to view your dashboard reports online in DairyBase.
We need your help!
DairyNZ and Cashmanager RURAL are looking for up to 300 farms to take part in phase II of the pilot. If you are an owner operator or sharemilker with your farming business under one GST entity; and in Waikato, Taranaki, Southland or Canterbury, we invite you to take part.
What are the benefits of participation?
- You will receive DairyBase benchmarking reports for your farm business.
- You will contribute to the development of this service for the benefit of your farming business and the industry.
- There is no cost to participate.
- You will also go into the draw to win 1 of 4 free 12-month subscriptions for Cashmanager RURAL Online.*
* as an existing Cashmanager RURAL Online customer, on winning the draw 12 months will be added to your current subscription.
What do I have to do?
Register your interest below and we will provide you with more details on the project and what you will need to do.