If you’re new to dairying or need a re-fresh, come along to our practical, in-person workshops so you can approach the calving season with confidence.
The sessions are designed for new entrants with 0-3 years’ experience and are interactive. Topics will include:
- What does a normal calving look and feel like?
- Checking for signs a cow is going to calve
- When to give a helping hand and when to call for help.
The cow and its calf
- Working with cows and calves
- the trip to the calf shed
- looking after newborn calves
Registration, tea/coffee @ 10:45am for prompt 11am start! We'll conclude the workshop with a sponsored lunch. Don't miss out - RSVP today! Please RSVP to email@example.com with your name (or names), supply number and the event or text Michelle Greaves 021 2808405 by Friday 18 June.