Farmers' Forum 2019 - Rotorua
Friday, 24 May 2019
Be part of what the future holds for New Zealand’s dairy sector.
- Hear inspiring speakers.
- Get snapshots of the latest dairy science.
- Take practical hands-on workshops.
- Catch up with some mates.
FREE for levy-paying farmers and their staff.
Win a $100 prezzy card! Simply register by 10 May 2019 to go in the draw.
- Dr Matt Glenn, Chief Executive Officer, Robotics Plus Limited (RPL) - Developing robotic and automation solutions for the global agri and horticultural industries. Matt has a PhD in molecular biology.
- Mike Petersen, NZ Special Agricultural Trade Envoy - Where the world is heading and what this means for the sector.
- Graeme Doole, Principal Economist, DairyNZ - Domestic opportunities; factors affecting the future of dairying specifically BOP, insights from an economist.
Select two from four workshops.
- Our People our Future - Future farm systems that are more people friendly.
- Feeding for Profit - Are you making money from milk or milk from money? This workshop discusses the success factors for profitable feed usage.
- Resilient Businesses have More Options - Capital gain can no longer be relied upon for future wealth creation. Look at what is being achieved by top performers in our region.
- Dairying in a Better Landscape - Gain a deeper understanding of the connection between various Regional Council expectations and robust science, and how this helps drive farmer behaviour change to farm within limits.
- HME Ryegrass - Progress Towards Proof of Concept.
- Forages for Reduced Nitrate Leaching - Nitrogen - Against the Odds – High production with low environmental footprint.
- Fertility Herd and Breeding Worth - Finding new traits to improve cow genetic merit for fertility.
- Tightening up our Belch - How we'll reduce our methane emissions.
- Plantain - Cool Herbs, not Spices: Plantain-based pastures for production and environmental benefits.