Farmers' Forum 2019 - Timaru
Wednesday, 17 April 2019
Be part of what the future holds for New Zealand’s dairy sector.
- Hear inspiring speakers.
- Get snapshots of the latest dairy science.
- Take practical hands-on workshops.
- Finish the day with a drink with some mates.
FREE for levy-paying farmers and their staff.
Win a $100 prezzy card. Simply register by 3 April 2019 to go in the draw.
- Minister Damien O'Connor, Minister of Agriculture, Biosecurity and Food Safety, Minister for Rural Communities - What agriculture and dairying mean to the region.
- Guy Ryan, Entrepreneur, Chief Executive and Founder of Inspiring Stories, and former Young New Zealander of the Year - What is a movement and transformational change? Hear how Guy Ryan’s idea started small and developed into a movement. Be inspired by Guy to focus on what you can control in the dairy sector and the power of young people. @GuyRyanNZ
- Julia Jones, Head of Analytics, NZX Limited - Factors affecting the future of dairying globally and locally.
Select two from three workshops.
- Milking Efficiency: Creating a sustainable motivated workforce, through milking efficiency.
- The N Challenge: Implementing practical solutions successfully.
- InCalf in the Know: Building a strong case and know-how for improving reproductive performance and the latest news on fertility research.
Vote at registration to determine top five snapshots to be presented on the day.
- HME Ryegrass - Progress Towards Proof of Concept.
- Lifetime Productivity - Managing the transition cow for improved health and reproduction.
- Forages for Reduced Nitrate Leaching - Nitrogen - Against the Odds – High production with low environmental footprint.
- Fertility Herd and Breeding Worth - Finding new traits to improve cow genetic merit for fertility.
- Tightening up Our Belch; How we'll reduce our methane emissions.
- Latest Fodder Beet Research – Where are the limits?
- NZ Competitiveness - Old Boots, New Dirt: Competing on cost in a changing world.
- Plantain - Cool Herbs, Not Spices: Plantain-based pastures for production and environmental benefits.