It'll be a chance to catch up with other farmers, look into what the Laugesen's are doing in their full season once-a-day, all natural mating operation, let DairyNZ know what you want from them going forward, and do a bit of socialising before Christmas.
Topics covered (amongst other things) will be:
- All-natural mating: we will discuss and debate the benefits and challenges of the Laugesen's 100% natural mating programme and look at an economic analysis of this.
- Once-a-day system - we will hear how this works for Terry and Soni and what the benefits are
- Mid-season update on the Kaikoura Dairy awards
- A brief session on Operating profit, Nitrogen and Greenhouse Gases (project Stepchange) and what the Laugesen’s numbers look like, as well as plenty of time to discuss all the regulation circling around currently
- A brief update on the banking environment and from Fonterra.
A barbeque will be provided, sponsored by Rabobank (subject to Covid-19 regulations at the time).
This will be a great opportunity to catch up and set the scene for future DairyNZ events in Kaikoura.
Look forward to seeing you there.
Important Covid-19 information:
DairyNZ requires vaccination certificates (My Vaccine Pass) for all attendees at DairyNZ run in person events. This enables DairyNZ to continue events under all settings within the COVID Protection Framework.
Good health and hygiene standards must be maintained throughout the event and the use of a face mask is encouraged for all attendees. Please do not attend this event if you are unwell or suspect you may have been exposed to COVID-19.
Protect our industry - please arrive with clean boots to prevent the spread of disease, pest or weed.