Pasture Plus is a focused discussion group for those wanting to grow their pasture, supplement and winter feeding knowledge, management skills and fundamental principles.
This group is targeted for 2IC through to sharemilkers, equity and owners, although full farm teams are encouraged to attend to enhance their skill and knowledge base
Topics to include:
- Autumn management and working back from dry off average pasture cover targets.
- How do we know what APC targets to dry off with?
- How much pasture should we calve down with?
- If relevant to your system we'll also discuss baleage placement on winter crop and how to set up a paddock for the best environmental outcomes.
- Re grassing and cultivar selection will be discussed and the difference between diploid and tetraploid species.
These sessions will be interactive and you are encouraged to bring with you your pasture growth rate data, feed wedges and budgets where available