Farmers' Forum 2019 - Stratford
Tuesday, 14 May 2019
Be part of what the future holds for New Zealand’s dairy sector.
- Hear inspiring speakers.
- Get snapshots of the latest dairy science.
- Take practical hands-on workshops.
- Finish the day with a drink with some mates.
FREE for levy-paying farmers and their staff.
Simply register by 30 April 2019 to go in the draw for your chance to win a Prezzy Card.
- Jamie Fitzgerald, adventurer, member of Institute of Directors - Jamie’s great stories and messages are around bridging the gap between strategy, leadership and getting the best out of teams. He’s walked to the South Pole unaided, rowed 5000km across the Atlantic Ocean and is host of the TV documentaries First Crossings and Intrepid NZ. @NZ_Jamie
- Nicola Shadbolt, Professor, Massey University
- Mark Neal, Dairy Systems Specialist, DairyNZ
Nicola will provide a global perspective on where the world is heading and what this will mean for the sector. Mark will take Nicola’s insights and explain how the factors affecting the global future translate at a localised level and what this might mean nationally and regionally.
Select two from four workshops.
- Have we underestimated the role of cow fertility? Exciting new research.
- Building a strong business to give yourself options: where are the opportunities in Taranaki for farm profit to allow for succession, career progression, and strong investment returns?
- Future proofing dairying in Taranaki: research from Dairy Trust Taranaki.
- Succession: where to start when you want to get started.
- HME Ryegrass - Progress towards proof of concept.
- Forage Value Index (FVI) validation - DairyNZ's FVI put to the test.
- Tightening up our belch - how we'll reduce our methane emissions.
- Plantain - cool herbs, not spices: plantain-based pastures for production and environmental benefits.
- New Zealand competitiveness – old boots, new dirt – competing on cost in a changing world.