Farmers' Forum 2019 - Westport
Tuesday, 7 May 2019
Be part of what the future holds for New Zealand’s dairy sector.
- Hear inspiring speakers.
- Get snapshots of the latest dairy science.
- Take practical hands-on workshops.
- Finish the day with a drink with some mates.
FREE for levy-paying farmers and their staff.
Win a $100 prezzy card. Simply register by 23 April 2019 to go in the draw.
A free return bus from Greymouth to Westport is available if enough interest is shown (10+ people); indicate your interest when registering.
- Minister Damien O'Connor, Minister of Agriculture, Biosecurity and Food Safety, Minister for Rural Communities - What agriculture and dairying means to the region.
- Guy Ryan, entrepreneur, chief executive and founder of Inspiring Stories, and former Young New Zealander of the Year - What is a movement and transformational change? Hear how Guy Ryan’s idea started small and developed into a movement. Be inspired by Guy to focus on what you can control and the power of young people. @GuyRyanNZ
- Julia Jones, Head of Analytics, NZX Limited - Factors affecting the future of dairying globally and locally.
Attend both workshops.
- Milking efficiency: creating a sustainable motivated workforce, through milking efficiency.
- InCalf in the know: building a strong case and know-how for improving reproductive performance and the latest news on fertility research.
Vote on arrival, five will be presented.
- HME Ryegrass - progress towards proof of concept.
- Lifetime productivity - transition cow - managing the transition cow for improved health and reproduction.
- Playing the long game: a 'plant's view' of pasture persistence.
- Finding new traits to improve cow genetic merit for fertility.
- Tightening up our belch; how we'll reduce our methane emissions.
- Plantain - cool herbs, not spices: plantain-based pastures for production and environmental benefits.
- New Zealand competitiveness - old boots, new dirt: competing on cost in a changing world.