The Spring Rotation Planner takes the guesswork out of grazing management over this critical period in the early spring. Follow the steps below to design your own plan.
Grazing management during and after calving largely determines production to Christmas and how well the cows are fed at mating.
Download the Spring Rotation Planner
The standard version is an excel model which provides the same functionality as the online tool including the following features:
- Compares actual pasture covers with SRP targets and makes adjustments to the grazing plan to keep the farm on target
- Helps in allocating grazing area to multiple mobs
The advanced model takes a leap towards becoming a spring feed budget and is ideal for creating a detailed spring plan. This version works with feed supply and demand to create a feed plan that is then compared to SRP targets. The plan is then optimised to ensure pasture and supplement is efficiently allocated. Some of the other advanced features allow the user to:
- Plan and manage pasture intake over spring to eliminate fluctuations as herd size rapidly changes
- Forecast the impact of irregular pasture growth and adjust the budget to compensate
- Calculate spring supplement requirements and efficiently allocate it
- Take into account cows arriving back from grazing throughout spring.
Spring Rotation Planner Poster
A laminated A2 poster for the shed/office wall to help communicate the SRP with the farm team and help you monitor the plan and allocate feed through the first rotation.