It has a governing board of eight members. Five are farmer-elected, of which one is Chair and three are independent, professional directors.
Due to a scheduled rotation, DairyNZ seeks one independent director for the board. To ensure the most appropriate board composition for the future, it is seeking to identify and appoint an independent director with a depth of experience in professional governance and deep exposure to the regulatory, sciences, or government sectors that intersect with dairying nationwide. Governance qualities of professionalism, strategic orientation and collaboration will be critical. Specific skills sought of the Independent Director are:
- Experience in chairing boards or committees
- Understanding and experience in operating at the interface between the political system and officials in local and central government
- An affinity with the primary industries
- An understanding of science, the New Zealand science system, and the importance of evidence and research
- An understanding of te ao Māori would be an advantage
- Experience in senior executive leadership would be preferable
Board members are expected to attend 9-10 board meetings a year. The position is remunerated.
This position represents an opportunity for high quality directors to advance the growth of one of New Zealand’s most significant contributors to the economy in a context of environmental regulatory frameworks which add high complexity to the sector, and to work passionately in a team with other directors and Chief Executive.
Candidates can download a candidate briefing and apply online at www.sheffield.co.nz To apply by email, please attach your cover letter and CV and send to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting A007064. Applications close on 11 May 2020 at 5.00p.m. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email. For more information please phone David Hammond on +64 27 444 6368 or Raewyn Brown on +64 21 917 203.