You can provide a workplace your employees never want to leave. By making small changes over time bosses can grow to be very good bosses. Research tells us good bosses:
- regularly catch up each of their team
- ensure health, safety and wellbeing are a priority on farm
- provide warm and comfortable accommodation
- appreciate the work their team do and tell them often
- offer good systems and procedures with clear instructions
- pay their team competitively
- encourage development and provide quality training
- hold regular team meetings
- ensure their team have time for interests outside of work.
Rate yourself as a boss
Are you a very good, pretty good, could-do-better, or lots-to-work-on boss? Have a bit of fun with our Good Boss Quiz*.
* The Good Boss Quiz is not a comprehensive assessment of your abilities but rather a fun way to think about what it means to be a good boss.