Your prospective employer will follow a process to make sure you are a good match for their business, but is your future employer a good match for you?
What is a farmer CV?
The farms goals, values and some evidence to back up claims can be detailed in a farmer CV. You might expect to see some references and contact details of past or current employees or a number of other stakeholders.
When would a prospective employee I see a farmer CV?
If the employer has one they will often send it out with their application form after phone screening applicants.
How do I ask for one?
Often you will have the chance to ask for one during the interview. You can ask for a farm résumé or farmer CV directly.
What if the farmers don’t have one?
Even if the farmer doesn’t have a CV, you can still ask questions about the things which might be in a farmer CV. Take notes so you can reflect later.
You might ask:
- Can I talk to current or previous employees? This will give you a good indication about the boss and what kind of place the farm is. Remember: It’s best to talk to a few people before coming to conclusions.
- What are your farm values?
- What are your business goals?
- How do you encourage career development?
- How would I fit into your long term goals for the farm?