GoodYarn workshops help you...
- discuss mental wellbeing openly and effectively with friends, family and farming colleagues
- recognise signs of stress and other mental health problems
- reduce and manage stress
- find appropriate support services.
"Very useful and targeted at rural concerns. Practically focused.”
– Workshop participant, Gore
GoodYarn workshops are designed for groups of 10-20 people and typically run for 2.5 hours. They are aimed at anyone living or working in the rural community including farmers, farm workers, rural employers, contractors, stock agents, rural consultants and agribusiness professionals.
Register interest for future workshops
- GoodYarn workshops focus on mental health (Fonterra FarmSource magazine)
- Co-op, bank sign for good yarns (Rural news)
- Clandeboye Tanker Driver Mike Farnel talks about GoodYarn (Radio New Zealand)
- Reaching out to mental wellness video (TEDxAuckland)
- Youth Mental Health video (NZ Young Farmers)
Industry organisations and rural professionals
DairyNZ, together with WellSouth Primary Health Network have created a licensing programme, which trains other organisations, connected to the rural sector, to lead and deliver the GoodYarn workshops.
These workshops are funded by dairy farmers and the Ministry for Primary Industries though the Transforming the Dairy Value Chain Primary Growth Partnership.