- Face your situation – walk the farm, confirm the size of any deficit and develop a plan on how to fill the deficit for the next 10 days to 2 weeks
- Share your plan, seek advice
- Monitor actual pasture cover weekly and adjust plan every week/fortnight
- Apply nitrogen to boost growth, if low soil temperatures/high leaching apply sulphate sulphur
- Slow the rotation. The slower the rotation the quicker average pasture cover will be back on target - do not speed up the area grazed (rotation)
Strategies to Manage Low Pasture Cover at Calving
Thank you for submitting your opinion
Sorry, we could not process your request at this time. Please try again later.