Over the past 15 years the dairy sector has taken significant steps towards being more sustainable, and with the rapid pace of change, there is more to be done.
The next era of the dairy strategy recognises the importance of being transparent and open and continuing to provide the natural, high-quality products that we are known and famous for the world over.
There are six commitments that drive the Strategy and DairyNZ is leading several of these, working closely with farmers and the wider sector to deliver the change at pace.
- We will protect and nurture the environment for future generations
- We will build the world’s most competitive and resilient dairy farming businesses
- We will produce the highest quality and most valued dairy nutrition
- We will be world leading in on-farm animal care
- We will build great workplaces for NZ’s most talented workforce
- We will help grow vibrant and prosperous communities
You can read about progress in the one year (November 2018) update.
For more information about the updated strategy including commitments, goals and next steps visit www.dairytomorrow.co.nz.
The Dairy Industry Strategy was developed by industry partners DairyNZ, Federated Farmers, Dairy Companies Association of New Zealand, and the Dairy Women’s Network to ensure the future long-term success of dairy farming.