Making Dairy Farming Work for Everyone
Strategy for Sustainable Dairy Farming 2013-2020
Dairy farming needs to be sustainable economically, environmentally and in terms of how it affects people and communities. Dairy farming needs to be seen to work for all New Zealanders. The new strategy is shaped around dairy farming being both competitive and responsible.
The new strategy is important because:
- It establishes the priorities for collective action in the dairy industry
- It guides how DairyNZ will invest the milksolids levy
- It can help the wider New Zealand public understand more about the industry and its long term goals.
The industry is reporting annually on progress against its targets and objectives. Read the full version of the Strategy Scorecard here.
- Making Dairy Farming Work for Everyone - Strategic Targets
- Speech Notes for the Launch of Strategy for Sustainable Dairy Farming 2013- 2020 and Sustainable Dairying: Water Accord (Media Release July 2013 - NZ Government)
- New dairy industry strategy sets ambitious agenda (Media Release July 2013 - DairyNZ)
- Strategy for Sustainable Dairy Farming 2013-2020
- Strategy for Sustainable Dairy Farming 2013-2020 - Background Supplement
- Sustainable Dairying Water Accord
The framework and industry objectives to achieve this are shown below.
Sustainable Dairying: Workplace Action Plan
The Sustainable Dairying: Workplace Action Plan outlines a path to achieving high quality work environments which are mutually rewarding to employers and employees.