How we’ll progress a positive future for dairy
Using the insight and collective strength of farmers and our partners, we created this strategy to shape a better future for the sector. It informs how we can help improve farming practices, solve challenges and advocate for farmers and the industry, to keep New Zealand dairy farms profitable, sustainable and competitive. To deliver on this, we’ll also work to create a DairyNZ that serves our farmers’ needs through quality communications, tools and experiences.
Our strategy has five focus areas:
- Increase farm profits and reduce environmental footprint while caring for animals and readying the industry for upcoming regulation changes.
- Develop future farm systems and sector-scale solutions to ensure the long-term sustainability of farms and the industry.
- Build the capability of people on-farm by supporting farmers to attract and retain a world-class workforce.
- Engage and partner better with levy payers and farmers to ensure services are relevant and meet priority needs.
- Build trust and pride in dairy farming with the New Zealand public through inspirational storytelling