With entries for the 2023 New Zealand Dairy Industry Awards about to open, we catch up with one of this year’s winners, north Waikato farmer Jimmy Cleaver. He took away the regional trophy for Auckland/Hauraki Farm Manager of the Year, as well as a stack of regional and national merit awards, including the DairyNZ People & Leadership Award. So, what makes the 23-year-old such a standout so early in his career? Why is managing people – and giving others a chance to get ahead in dairy farming – so high on his list of life goals? And what are his ambitions personally and for the sector? Find out in this episode.
Jimmy Cleaver’s 2022 NZDIA awards include the Auckland/Hauraki Farm Manager of the Year and these merit awards:
- DeLaval Livestock Management Award
- Fonterra Dairy Management Award
- Franklin Vets Pasture & Feed Management Award
- BlackmanSpargo Rural Law Ltd People & Leadership Award
- LIC Interview Award
- DairyNZ - People & Leadership Award