In the privacy statement and terms and conditions detailed below, the expressions 'we', 'us', 'Company', and 'our' are a reference to DairyNZ Limited.
DAIRYNZ LIMITED PRIVACY STATEMENT
DairyNZ Limited is committed to protecting your privacy and any personal information we collect. Your privacy is important to us, and we take the responsibility of handling your personal information very seriously. We recognise that individuals and organisations have a right to be certain that their personal information is collected, stored, disclosed, and used fairly in accordance with privacy laws.
- What information does DairyNZ collect?
- Why does DairyNZ collect the information?
- How does DairyNZ use your personal information?
- How does the DairyNZ protect your information?
- Access to your information
- Cookies and use of Tracking Technologies
- Third Party and external links
- How long do we hold your information?
- Your consent
- Contacting us
Application and context
This Policy came into effect on 1 December 2021.
Throughout the course of business when using our services or interacting with us, some personal information may be collected and/or shared. DairyNZ recognises the importance of its stakeholder’s privacy and has implemented and maintains appropriate systems and practices to ensure that all personal information is kept safe.
This Policy applies to the services offered by DairyNZ. It explains how we collect, use, disclose and store personal information when you visit our website and use any products or services which we sell and/or provide. Unless given consent to do otherwise, DairyNZ will only collect and use personal information in the manner prescribed in this Policy.
This Policy applies to every person and entity who interacts with DairyNZ and provides personal information about them or another person or entity.
This Policy applies to all information, created and obtained, in relation to all DairyNZ business information and activities. It applies to all records and formats of information or data that have been obtained either in-house or off-site. It includes information gathered and stored on all information platforms used for business purposes, including but not limited to DairyNZ’s:
- CRM System;
- Animal Care Teams Response Portal;
- Other record management systems;
- Business information systems;
- Websites; and
- Social media applications.
In the event that you provide DairyNZ with information that relates to another person, please ensure that this disclosure has been consented to and that the person is aware of, and has read, this Policy.
This Policy is in line with the Privacy Act 2020 (“Act”) and the Information Privacy Principles.
This Policy should be read in conjunction with other relevant DairyNZ policies, terms within any specific agreement with you, and the terms and conditions on this website.
The Policy is subject to change in accordance with any developments relating to privacy law and standards. We will ensure that any changes to our policy will be communicated.
1. What information does DairyNZ collect?
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual. When using our services and entering data on our website or other platforms, you may be asked to enter personal information. Information that you may asked to disclose includes, but is not limited to:
- Your contact details (for example, title, name, address, contact phone number, email address, location data, date of birth, gender and financial information;
- Third party information (for example, information collected from debt collection or credit agencies);
- Correspondence with us (for example, file notes, reports, emails, letters, registration forms, survey responses, other forms, and any other relevant correspondence);
- Credential information and information entered into our online platforms (for example, passwords, security information, login data, payment and order history, account numbers, cookies, and any other relevant information); and
- CCTV footage (in the event you visit our physical premises).
2. Why does DairyNZ collect the information?
All personal information will be collected fairly and directly from you unless you give us consent to collect the information from someone else. In some cases, personal information may be otherwise collected from other sources if it were necessary or if it were otherwise publicly available
Personal information collected by us will only be used for the purpose that it was collected. Personal information may be collected and used by DairyNZ for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to, the reasons discussed below:
(a) When enquiries are made regarding the prospect of doing business with DairyNZ: In the event we are contacted (including by phone, through our website, through social media platforms, in person, or by other means) by a prospective DairyNZ stakeholder, it may be necessary for us to collect your personal information to assess whether collaboration with you is a viable, and possible, option and to respond and provide support to you.
(b)Processing new clients/stakeholders: Following on from point (a) above, it may be necessary for us to process or collect further information in order for us to assess, verify and consider. Examples of these situations include but are not limited to:
- verification of identity,
- due diligence,
- review of relevant publicly available personal information,
- review of law enforcement and/or government agency sanction lists.
(c) When you are a stakeholder/client: When you are a stakeholder or client of DairyNZ it may be necessary for us to process your personal information for administrative purposes. Examples of these situations include but are not limited to:
- sending order status,
- sending invoices,
- processing payments,
- correspondence relating to any enquiries, complaints, feedback, general updates and information sharing,
- for internal management purposes (for example, audits and performance management).
(d) For marketing purposes: DairyNZ may use its database information for marketing purposes. Examples of these situations include but are not limited to:
- analysis regarding trends and strategies,
- sending correspondence and updates (for example, text messages, newsletters or offers),
- for general account management,
- for improvement and development of our services,
- Anymore? Delete if there is an irrelevant entry.
(e) To enable you to access/use our services through online platforms: DairyNZ offers digital platforms including social media accounts, apps and websites. Data entered in such platforms will be recorded in order for us to be able to respond to you and to allow you to access this information (for example, our website user account functionality).
(f) For other purposes relating to the dairy industry.
(g) Any other purposes authorised by you or that are notified to you at the time of collection.
3. How does DairyNZ use your personal information?
DairyNZ will use the collected personal information for the purpose it was collected unless:
- Permitted by the Privacy Act 2020;
- If directed by a Court of law;
- The individual concerned has been notified and has consented to the other use of the information;
- It is necessary to use the information for another purpose in order to prevent or minimise a serious and imminent threat to life or health of an individual to a person; and/or
- The purpose for which the information was collected is directly related to another purpose.
From time to time, you may receive email or text message communications from DairyNZ regarding special offers or [explain why you will contact them]. DairyNZ will not share your email address or phone number with third parties. If you do not want to receive e-mails or text messages from us in the future, simply unsubscribe from the e-newsletter by clicking the unsubscribe button in the email newsletter.
4. How does DairyNZ protect your information?
DairyNZ takes all reasonable steps to prevent loss, misuse, or disclosure of personal information. All personal information is stored on secure servers in a digital format. DairyNZ employees and contractors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal and/or sensitive information held.
5. Access to your information
DairyNZ will not disclose an individual’s personal information to another individual or organisation but for the exceptions listed in this policy.
If an individual concerned requests access to their personal information they should contact the Privacy Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 4 324 7969. If such a request is granted the individual concerned will have the opportunity to inspect, take notes or photocopy the information in the presence of the Privacy Officer.
Reasons for refusals of requests to access, or to correct, personal information will be provided by the Privacy Officer.
DairyNZ will respond to requests for information as soon as reasonably practicable. The following factors may influence the time required:
- the method of communication;
- whether a third party needs to be consulted;
- the type or amount of personal information requested;
- the manner in which personal information is held.
Access by individuals concerned
DairyNZ will provide access to the personal information of individuals concerned upon written request unless:
- the access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of a person;
- the law allows or requires DairyNZ to withhold or limit access;
- the access would be likely to prejudice an investigation into suspected unlawful activity;
- the access would cause an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of another individual or company;
- the request for information is frivolous or vexatious;
- the access would reveal the intentions of DairyNZ in a way that cause prejudice to it.
Access by third parties
DairyNZ will ensure that any disclosure of, or access to, personal information will be in accordance with the required legal and contractual measures and will only occur to the extent necessary.
DairyNZ will not disclose personal information to an individual or entity that resides in a country/jurisdiction without a privacy regime similar and equivalent to New Zealand’s privacy regime.
DairyNZ may provide third party access to your personal information to the following, non-exhaustive, types of third parties:
- debt recovery agencies;
- suppliers/agents involved in delivering products or services;
- companies engaged to perform services for, or on behalf of, DairyNZ;
- marketing organisations DairyNZ uses;
- regulatory bodies; and/or
- other third parties that consent has been provided for.
We may disclose your personal data to regulatory authorities, tax authorities and/or investigating authorities, where:
- we are obliged to do so by law or regulation; or
- we are responding to a request, including where there is a significant health and welfare issue (including for animals); or
- you have provided instructions to DairyNZ to allow this information to be disclosed.
Requests from others
DairyNZ will only provide access of the personal information of individuals concerned to another person or organisation upon written request in the event:
- such disclosure is related to the purpose of collection and that that the individual concerned would not reasonably object to such disclosure.
- the individual concerned was reasonably likely to have been aware or have been notified that the personal information is usually disclosed to the person or agency.
- the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to life or health of a person.
- the law recognises access by the government agency concerned.
6. Cookies and use of Tracking Technologies
Note: blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
7. Third Party and External Links
DairyNZ has no responsibility or liability for the content and/or activities of sites linked to the DairyNZ website. These third party/external sites are not under the control of DairyNZ and have separate and independent privacy policies, therefore DairyNZ is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the DairyNZ website, nor for the performance or otherwise of any content and/or software contained in such external websites.
8. How long do we hold your information?
We keep personal information for no longer than reasonably necessary to fulfill the purpose that it was collected for. A request may be made to delete personal and/or sensitive information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in DairyNZ being unable to sell products directly and/or provide post-event services.
9. Your consent
11. Contacting Us
If you are dissatisfied with the response received then you have the right to complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
DAIRYNZ LIMITED TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website. In using this website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must refrain from using the website.
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately upon notification on this website. Your continued use of the website following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended.
Full details of the DairyNZ terms and conditions are detailed below:
You accept that any information provided by us is general information and is not in the nature of advice. We derive our information from sources, which we believe to be accurate and up to date as at the date of posting. The information may be updated from time to time. We do not make any representations or warranties that the information we provide is reliable, accurate or complete or that your access to that information will be uninterrupted, timely or secure. We are not liable for any loss resulting from any action taken or reliance made by you on any information or material posted by us. You should make your own inquiries and seek independent advice from relevant industry professionals before acting or relying on any information or material, which is made available to you.
We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage, however caused (including through negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of this website or any linked website, nor do we accept any responsibility for any such loss arising out of your use of or reliance on information contained on or accessed through this website.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty that would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is hereby excluded. Where legislation implies any condition or warranty, and that legislation prohibits us from excluding or modifying the application of, or our liability under, any such condition or warranty, that condition or warranty will be deemed included but our liability will be limited for a breach of that condition or warranty to one or more of the following:
(a) if the breach relates to goods, (i) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, (ii) the repair of such goods, (iii) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods or (iv) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
(b) if the breach relates to services, (i) the supplying of the services again or (ii) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
We shall in no circumstances be liable for economic or consequential losses.
EXCEPTION TO DISCLAIMER
The disclaimer set out in these terms and conditions does not attempt or purport to exclude liability arising under statute if, and to the extent, such liability cannot be lawfully excluded.
Should any of the conditions in these terms and conditions or any part of them be held by a Court to be ineffective by virtue of non-registration, illegality or otherwise such conditions or part of it shall be severed from the rest without affecting the validity or enforceability of all other conditions or part of them.
You must ensure that your access to this website is not illegal or prohibited by laws that apply to you.
You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process, which you employ for accessing this website, does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference, which may damage your own computer system. For the removal of doubt, we do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system, which arises in connection with your use of this website or any linked website.
Whilst we have no reason to believe that any information contained on this website is inaccurate, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of such information, nor do we undertake to keep this website updated. We do not accept responsibility for loss suffered as a result of reliance by you upon the accuracy or currency of information contained on this website.
Responsibility for the content of advertisements (if any) appearing on this website (including hyperlinks to advertisers' own websites) rests solely with the advertisers. The placement of such advertisements (if any) does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by us of the advertisers' products and each advertiser is solely responsible for any representations made in connection with its advertisement.
Copyright in this website (including text, graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings and software) is owned or licensed by us. Other than for the purposes of, and subject to the conditions prescribed under, the Copyright Act 1994 and similar legislation which applies in your location, and except as expressly authorised by these terms and conditions, you may not in any form or by any means:
Adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this website; or
Commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this website;
Without our written permission.
© Copyright 2011 DairyNZ Limited. GoDairy, Rosies World and Rosie the cow are trade marks of DairyNZ Limited. All rights reserved.
Except where otherwise specified, any word or device to which is attached the TM or ® symbol is a registered trademark.
If you use any of our trademarks in reference to our activities, products or services, you must include a statement attributing that trademark to us. You must not use any of our trademarks:
- in or as the whole or part of your own trademarks;
- in connection with activities, products or services which are not ours;
- in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive;
- in a manner that disparages us or our information, products or services (including this website).
RESTRICTED USE/PASSWORD USE
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information that you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information that you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information. The security measures that DairyNZ takes uses third parties, who will have access to monitoring, analysis and auditing information about our websites and systems, as well as information processed on our website and systems. You should never share your secure information and/or password and identifier with any other person.
- In order to facilitate online orders, cookies may be sent to your computer.
- All currency unless expressly stated otherwise is New Zealand dollars.
- All prices are inclusive of New Zealand GST unless expressly stated otherwise.
- All prices are inclusive of postage within New Zealand unless expressly stated otherwise.
- An additional charge may be made for the cost of international postage.
- International customers may be required to pay in addition to the price stated GST, VAT, or another form of tax or tariff in order for the goods to be released at their border. Any such additional cost shall be borne by you.
TERMINATION OF ACCESS
Access to this website may be terminated at any time by us without notice. Our disclaimer will nevertheless survive any such termination.
The governing law shall be the laws in force in New Zealand. The parties submit to the jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.