DairyNZ is seeking candidates for two farmer-elected directors on the DairyNZ board, who would support the governance of work undertaken across a wide range of programmes – including industry research, development, policy and advocacy.
Ideal candidates would have:
- an ability to think strategically and position dairy well for the future
- an understanding of farm systems, research and development, policy and advocacy
- involvement in setting strategy and being accountable for results
- governance experience, ideally in previous director positions
- a keen interest in progressing the Dairy Tomorrow strategy
- sound networks and contacts in the dairy sector
- strong commercial skills, financial and strategic expertise.
The DairyNZ board consists of five farmer-elected directors and three board-appointed directors. This year, directors Jim van der Poel and Colin Glass are both retiring by rotation. Both are standing for re-election.
Directors' Remuneration Committee election
An election is also being held for one member on the Directors’ Remuneration Committee (DRC).
Each year the DRC reviews and recommends changes to directors’ payments and other benefits to directors each year. This is to ensure payments are at an appropriate level and effectively managed to attract and retain directors and motivate them to encourage enhanced performance by DairyNZ.
The payments and benefits recommended by the DRC are put to levy payers for approval at the DairyNZ Annual General Meeting.
All farmers paying a levy on milk solids to DairyNZ are eligible to stand for the Board of Directors and the Directors’ Remuneration Committee. The election will be managed by electionz.com.
Nomination documents are available now.
- Candidate Handbook
- Nomination form – DairyNZ Board of Directors
- Nomination form - Directors' Remuneration Committee
Prospective candidates are encouraged to speak with the Returning Officer through the election helpline before submitting a nomination. For questions and advice on nominations contact the election helpline on 0800 666 946, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit electionz.com/dairynz2020.
Nominations must be received by the Returning Officer by 12 noon on Thursday, September 3, 2020.