Two weeks either side of calving is when a cow is most likely to get mastitis. This means the calving period is critical for determining the infection status of individual cows and the herd for the rest of lactation.
During calving, consider the following:
- What are the different bugs that can cause environmental mastitis?
- How do I reduce exposure to environmental mastitis?
- Want to know more about teat sealing heifers?
- What is the best way to prevent mastitis in my heifers?
- When is it safe to start supplying milk?
- How do I find and treat mastitis during the calving period?
Find practical advice and technical resources in this section to better prevent, find, and treat mastitis in the calving period.