Take control of your future and focus on your business without the interruptions of day-to-day life. The course is suitable for couples, business and family partnerships, and individuals.
2022 course dates
Registrations open early December
Registrations open early December
To be notified as soon as registrations open, please email email@example.com.
Mark and Measure
Designed by DairyNZ and delivered by specialists, Mark and Measure is relevant for any stage of the business journey making it suitable for farm owners, contract milkers, and herd owning or variable order sharemilkers.
- learn wealth creation and financial freedom
- determine a vision and set goals aligned with your values
- feel within your depth with customised course content
- delivered through a mix of interactive presentations and self-work
- analyse your business with experts on hand to help
- develop a platform for effective communication with partners
- benefit from networking and friendship opportunities with liked-minded people
- get the tools and confidence you need.
From pre-event preparation to what you can expect over the days.
- Pre-event preparation - Be taken through a one-on-one DairyBase financial and physical interpretation for your business and complete Farm Gauge.
- Setting up for success - Knowledge and understanding sets you up for success. But what does success mean and what role does our personality and values play in determining our personal vision of success?
- Linking farm performance with equity growth - Your farming business is your engine room. This session is about ensuring your business activities continue to deliver your desired results.
- Achieving financial freedom - Money isn’t everything, but it gives you choices. The Mark and Measure team have identified six components to financial freedom.
- Guest farmer speaker - Hear from inspirational farmers about their journey and gain insight into what makes their farm business tick and drives them.
- Aligning today with tomorrow - We all want to make wise decisions about our future but sometimes this can be hard. Be guided through a process that links your vision for the future with daily actions.
You may qualify for financial support for up to 50% off the course. The majority of 2018 and 2019 course attendees qualified.
Management Capability Development funding is provided to a business where Growth Advisors identify a need for management training as part of an action plan to support the business owner to grow and innovate their business.
For more information visit regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz
Register for Mark and Measure to reserve a spot before you know whether you qualify for financial support. If you do not qualify, you can cancel your registration.
Commonly asked questions
Find out if Mark and Measure is right for you with these commonly asked questions.
Will I have to speak in public at Mark and Measure?
At Mark and Measure we invite you to participate to the degree you feel comfortable. You can present to the group during some activities and ask questions throughout. It’s up to you; speaking in front of the group is not essential and you don’t have to.
Will I be out of my depth?
Mark and Measure is pitched at farm owners, contract milkers, and herd owning or variable order sharemilkers. We understand farmers, so don’t worry, the content is tailored to you.
The course is structured for interactive and hands-on learning and we focus on what you can control. All course content is presented in a workbook to take home and review after the course.We appreciate you may not be used to sitting all day and like to start early; we’ve structured days with enough breaks to keep you fresh and make the most of your time.
With whom should I attend?
Mark and Measure is excellent for business partners, couples, families (with succession in mind) and individuals. You could even attend with a trusted rural professional such as your accountant or farm consultant. Make the course a getaway – add a day or two and make it a holiday.
How important is it to attend with my partner?
Partners (couples and business partners) are encouraged to attend Mark and Measure. Not only is it important to take time away from the farm to focus on your business together, but Mark and Measure is a safe place to align your vision. As you work through activities at Mark and Measure, presenters and specialists are available to help should you reach a perceived barrier.
How do I keep motivated after the course?
A core part of the course is your planning wheel worked on throughout the course. Once home, we recommend attendees keep their planning wheel and other course materials in a prominent place. It’s important to keep focused on your goals, actions, and what matters most to you to keep motivated.
You’ll meet other farmers at Mark and Measure in similar situations with whom you can connect and perhaps stay in contact to keep each other motivated. Research has shown that sharing your goals makes you more accountable.
The DairyNZ Mark and Measure presenters are a phone call away should you require Mark and Measure course-related advice.
And we recommend you make a regular time without distractions to review your goals and business plan – covered at Mark and Measure.
I know a previous participant who received a discount on the Mark and Measure course cost is this available to me?
This participant would have received a monetary contribution from the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund.
This discount may be provided to a business where Growth Advisors have identified a need for management training as part of an action plan to support the business owner to grow and innovate their business.
The Management Capability Development Vouchers are only available through the Regional Business Partner Network (RBP) Growth Advisors.
The funding is limited, and Growth Advisors make decisions based on their meeting with the business owner.
Visit Regional Business Partners to find out more.
Give me one good reason why I shouldn't go to Mark and Measure?
We can’t! We know you will love Mark and Measure. It’s a proven formula so don’t hesitate to sign up for the next Mark and Measure course and invest in your future.
Contact Paul Bird, 021 0816 2710, firstname.lastname@example.org
The six Mark and Measure principles
Success is unique to you
Your vision for tomorrow determines your actions today
Knowledge is your best investment
'Free cash’ creates choice and reduces risk
Investing = Criteria + Analysis + Action + Time
Little changes lead to extraordinary results