Areas of interest:
- Mastitis in dairy cattle and the role of the teat canal
- On-farm management of milk quality, mastitis prevention and control
- Ecology and epidemiology of Streptococcus uberis mastitis
- Development of resources for improved on-farm mastitis and milk quality performance.
Development / Industry:
- Technical developer of the SmartSAMM programme, the national mastitis improvement programme funded by DairyNZ.
- Secretary of the National Mastitis Advisory Committee since June 2008.
- Chair of organising committee for the New Zealand Milk Quality Conference, a bi-annual industry conference, operating since June 2004. Last conference was held at Claudelands, Hamilton in June 2012.
- Science leader for DairyNZ funded programme to develop genetic markers and vaccination tools for mastitis control (2007-2013)
- Science leader for a programme of work investigating ecology of S. uberis in NZ pasture-based dairy systems (2002-2007)
Career output summary:
Refereed papers/reviews/book chapters:
- Paper reviewer for New Zealand Veterinary Journal, Journal of Dairy Science & Journal of Dairy Research
Share this profile: