BSc Agric, Hons Agric, MSc, PhD
Areas of interest:
- Component and farm system model development and application
- Using modelling tools to evaluate novel dairy farming systems
- Modelling and trialing dairy farming systems that increase production and reduce environmental footprint.
- Farm systems modelling
- Forages for Reduced Nitrate Leaching
- Mitigating greenhouse gas emissions
- Mitigating nitrate leaching
- Designing resilient dairy systems
- Designing future farm systems
- Contributing to the debate on profitable, productive and environmentally sustainable dairy systems.
- Using modelling to investigate options for greenhouse gas mitigation on dairy farms.
- Paper on the performance of an efficient dairy system using a combination of nitrogen leaching mitigation strategies in a variable climate
Career output summary:
Refereed papers/reviews/book chapters:
- Ad hoc reviewer for Livestock Science, Journal of Arid Environments, Agriculture Ecosystems and Environment, Animal Feed Science and Technology, Journal of Dairy Science, Agricultural Systems.
- Professional member of the New Zealand Society of Animal Production, New Zealand Grassland Association.
Share this profile: