Our purpose is to deliver a better future for dairy farmers. It underpins everything we do. The new strategy has been informed by discussions with farmers. They have told us to focus our effort on the big issues, to ensure our services are relevant and accessible, and engage and listen well.
We deliver on our purpose through:
- supporting better farming practices
- developing better solutions for their challenges
- shaping a better future for them through providing voice for their interests
- creating a better DairyNZ to underpin our ability to deliver on our purpose.
Five areas of focus
- Increase profit and reduce environmental footprint by 2025 while caring for animals on-farm. DairyNZ will help dairy farmers to reduce their footprint and be ready for upcoming changes including freshwater and climate change regulations.
- Develop future farm systems and sector scale solutions. DairyNZ will help prepare the dairy farming sector for the future, this includes new solutions for long-term sustainability of individual farms and the sector.
- Build the capability of people on-farm. DairyNZ will support farmers to attract and retain a world-class workforce.
- Engage and partner better with levy payers and farmers. DairyNZ will listen and better support farmers. This includes ensuring our services are relevant and meet priority farmer needs.
- Build trust and pride in dairy farming. DairyNZ’s public education programme will tell the great story of how New Zealand dairy farmers are the world’s most sustainable, and the progress they are making to be even better.