How it works
A Healthy Udder Service veterinarian works with the herd owner to:
- Identify goals and prioritise areas for improvement
- Develop policies and procedures, supported by skills training
- Review progress and provide on-going support.
Use Healthy Udder Service
- at dry off - to prepare the herd and team
- before calving - to prepare the milking team for calving
- during lactation - after a mastitis investigation or milk quality review to improve udder health
- Talk to your vet about Healthy Udder Service.
- Click here for a list of vet practices offering Healthy Udder Service.
What farmers are saying
Everyone's on the same page when it comes to milking the cows and dealing with mastitis.
My team are working much better together - they all know what to do, how to do it and why we do it.
Couldn't do it without it - we've had more milk in the vat, fewer mistakes, and less clinicals this season.
Healthy Udder Service was developed with funding from New Zealand dairy farmers through DairyNZ and the Ministry for Primary Industries through the Sustainable Farming Fund.