FeedRight training is aimed at rural professionals and farmers who offer, or plan to offer, feed management or nutrition advice. The training provides participants with the capability and knowledge to provide seasonally appropriate, profitable, and sustainable nutrition and feed management advice to dairy farmers. The training course is delivered by DairyNZ's Senior Scientist, Jane Kay.
What the training involves
- One e-learning module and assessment: Dairy Nutrition Principles and Theory
- Two 2-day interactive training workshops held approximately 6 months apart
- Workshop 1: Transition Period and Early Lactation
- Workshop 2: Mid and Late Lactation and Dry Period
What you’ll get from this course
- understanding of dairy cow nutrition and feed management in pasture-based systems
- knowledge and use of relevant and evidence-based resources and information
- capability to help farmers make informed decisions regarding dairy cow management and nutrition.
The cost of the FeedRight training is $695 plus GST. This fee covers both 2-day workshops and includes all resources, catering, and dinner on the first night of each workshop.
Next FeedRight training courses
Future FeedRight workshops are listed below. Please register your interest for the FeedRight programme as these details are considered when planning future workshops.
Once you have registered your interest, and dates and locations have been confirmed, you will be notified of these, and be able to secure your place at a specific workshop.
|Workshop 1||North Island (Waikato)||TBC|
|Workshop 1||South Island (Canterbury)||TBC|