- Determine cows' nutritional and feed requirements
- Measure crop yields and dry matter content
- Allocate sufficient crop and supplement to meet cow’s requirements
- Allow for no more than 85% crop utilisation, may need to be less to get BCS gain
- Feed allowance is the major factor affecting cow intake - measure the area allocated accurately e.g. use a land wheel or GPS
- Mitigate animal health problems
- Consider animal welfare issues
- Reduce negative environmental impacts.
Feeding Winter Brassica Crops to Dairy Cows
Thank you for submitting your opinion
Sorry, we could not process your request at this time. Please try again later.