- Finding the sweet spot: quality time, quality milk
For the Vollebregts in South Wairarapa, introducing flexibility into the working day has worked wonders – for them, their staff and their animals.
- Mastitis prevention and milking efficiency go hand in glove
AgriHealth vet Dr Steve Cranefield explores how adopting good milking routines can play a strong role in preventing mastitis.
- Making sense of cow senses
Cows’ sensory experience of the world is very different to ours. Our tips will help you use this knowledge to ensure your cows’ health and wellbeing.
In this issue:
- Take five
- Taking the heat out of milking
- Simple solutions to everyday problems
- Making life easier at dry off
- DairyNZ election voting underway
- Tired of dealing with lameness?
- M. bovis and mating decisions
- Meet the Milksmart in Action Team
- Science snapshot - Farmers play a pivotal role in fertility research success
- Education update - Bluff kids find dairying's their oyster
- Farm biz
- Feed matters
- Just Quickly
- Regional update - Adapting with Dairy Connect
27 September 2018
St Teresa’s School in Bluff went from seaside to countryside recently, as part of DairyNZ’s school farm visit service.
02 October 2018
Since switching to once-a-day milking 10 years ago to help streamline an expanded business, Leo Vollebregt has seen many improvements for both animals and people.
05 October 2018
Under the current state of heightened biosecurity in New Zealand, DairyNZ has been hearing that some farmers are considering extending their use of artificial breeding (AB).
08 October 2018
Canterbury farmer Cole Groves is finding simple but effective ways to improve efficiency, accuracy, environmental protection and the wellbeing of his staff and animals.
12 October 2018
Udder health and milk quality are important to farm productivity and profitability.
18 October 2018
Dozens of scientists and more than 2000 farmers have been working together to improve cow fertility in New Zealand dairy cows.
24 October 2018
Nicola Bryant’s experience in adapting to change means she’s the perfect fit for her role as DairyNZ’s Dairy Connect coordinator for Taranaki and the Lower North Island.