Grassroots science holds key to sustainable farming
Ngai Tahu's Paritea farm is applying the latest science-backed farming practices as part of DairyNZ's Forages for Reduced Nitrate Leaching reasearch programme.
Meet the team
It's a win-win: our young Masters scholarship students bring us a fresh research perspective - and we support them in their dairy science studies.
No barriers to learning
The women of the Taupiri-Orini Ladies Farmer Discussion Group have been connecting their community with the sector and its science for more than three decades.
In this issue:
- Take five
- Low-N cow research underway
- Cultivar performance under the FVI spotlight
- DairyNZ facility a world first in methane measurement
- Methane tools in the pipeline
- Solutions to reduce N leaching and maintain profit
- M. bovis: a letter from our chair
- Dairy ambassadors talk zero carbon
- Award winners ‘living the dream’
- Pasture Summit growing dairy’s future
- Education update
- Farm biz
- Feed matters
- Just Quickly
- Regional update