This toolkit will support you to:
- Attract and keep the right staff for your farm
- Make managing your staff easier and less time consuming
- Avoid costly mistakes
- Increase the performance and productivity of your people and therefore your farm
- Help you and your staff to achieve your goals.
Leadership, communication and understanding people are three crucial skills to have when employing people. This toolkit will help you to develop and implement these skills.
The HR Toolkit is divided into seven sections:
- Where to start
- Finding the right person
- Getting people started
- Keeping your team working
- Retaining and motivating staff
- Skills you need to lead people
- Ending employment.
A great practical starting point to becoming a better employer is to use the DairyNZ Quickstart Kits. In conjunction with the HR Toolkit, you will be well on your way to becoming an employer of choice.