- Factors affecting Streptococcus uberis mastitis
What is the role of genetics in mastitis management? Changing the genetics of a herd could improve resistance to mastitis, but as DairyNZ research shows, cow management is equally as important.
- Genetic markers of mastitis resistance
This article presents the findings of a trial which looked for genetic markers associated with mastitis resistance in a herd of cows. Could a genetic marker for mastitis be financially valuable?
- Pills, potions and powders in mastitis management
A commentary on controls and technologies for mastitis management.
- Identifying mastitis pathogens using polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
Identifying the bacteria responsible for an intramammary infection is important for mastitis management.
- Delving into DNA
Elite cows in your herd, and sires that produce the most profitable daughters, have the best combination of gene variants in their DNA.
- Focus on international research
Brief summaries of key international science papers recently published.
This Technical Series looks at what’s new in the world of mastitis research and a review of the Mastitis Tools project.